Friday, May 23, 2008

South Carolina Bound

People in the South like to talk. Right now I'm in a coffee shop trying to write this post, write up some postcards, and just take care of some catchup but this guy keeps talking to me and will not stop. I'm literally typing away right now ad he's talking about his friend from 20 years ago. Plus he just asked me about where I went to school and as it turns out he went to Clarkson so he's probably not going to stop for the next 20 minutes.

Anyway, last night I stayed at Carolina Beach, NC in a State campground that was fantastic. I caught the sunset right before I checked in and I'm very happy about that. The next time I see a sunset that nice will probably be in Key West.

Really, this guy has to stop!!! I don't care that you were accepted by RPI and Tufts, nor that you're a pilot, or about your friend who likes to bike. I just need to write my post.

Ok, so a couple nights ago I stayed just south of New Bern, NC in a small town called Belgrade, NC. Once again I found a campsite that was fairly inexpensive and sandwiched between a small river ad the highway. Due to the fact that you can no longer ride through Camp Lejeune (Marine Base) I had to find an alternate route. This was a little sketchy because I had to ride for a stretch on route 17. With a little care this turned out to be a fairly safe route considering the amount of traffic.

Now the guy has a friend. Supposedly they have all the worlds problems figured out by 11am but then Democrat comes in and screws it all up. They have also told me to be very careful about housewives in SUV's. It's painful to listen to these two.

I met a guy the other day who is probably about 60, from Alaska, and his wife has breast cancer. He started a bike trip from Santa Barbera, CA, biked to FL, I met him in NC, now he's going to Bar Harbor, ME, across the top to the West coast and then back down to Santa Barbera. This was a big deal for me because I met him on a day when I was getting sick of riding. When I have some more time I will dig out his info and post his website just in case anybody would like to donate or read about him.

Gotta run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are almost there! Member how at Taylor's soccer game you were saying "Go Taylor! Go Taylor!" well i personalized it for you! Go Uncle Brad! Go Uncle Brad! Hee Hee!!! I gotta go! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!! Bye

Love,
Your favorite 12 almost 13 year old kid ever!
Cameron