Wednesday, May 28, 2008

F-L-O-R-I-D-A. And say it like you mean it!!!

After hitting up McDonalds for the $2 for 2 Sausage McGriddle's special Jeff and I pedalled off full of cheap, empty calories. I think this special could be a new winner in the Cheapest Calories competition. We took our own route out of Folkston and crossed into FL around 11am. This was amazing, the last state. Jeff and I swapped stories for the next few hours until we finally separated and went our separate ways. I pedalled into the Fernandono Beach area and stopped to digest the fact that the Atlantic Ocean and FL were
finally combined together and I was standing there looking at it. At this point it's all worth it. Every hill, every pedal stroke, every dog, every ache, every look from every stranger that told me I should pedal faster, all of it. The one thing that wouldake this perfect is if Jennifer was here to share the moment....my biggest lesson yet and probably the one I knew I'd not only learn but truly feel at this very moment.

So, now I need to call it a night. Once again, I have much more to write but the heat is unbearable down here so it's more important then ever to ride in the early am. Just as a quick sendoff, tonight I'm at Little Talbot Island State Park and I've mapped out the rest of my stops. If everything goes as planned then I'll be in Key West on June 3rd. The heat is going to put a stop to my 200 mile day because their just isn't enough cool hours to get the job done. Maybe when I get home I'll try something like that.

Until next time, may you always keep the excitemt nearby and always have the best people to share of with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you . Dont forget your fan club at Niantic Center School they where asking about you today I told them you you would be in FL today you DID IT !!!!!!!!!!!! cANT WAIT TO TELL THEM (ALL 16 OF THEM.) You always leave with a nice message I look forward to them. So mine is My life is what I make it.!!! So Enjoy Love Me Because I Do

Anonymous said...

You are totally awsome!!!!! you are almost there! I am amazed, you can ride all the way down to Florida AND on the way, talk to total strangers that you have never met before! Wow. I can't even barely talk to my teachers and kids in my own grade that i know!!! (I'm not a social kind of person)when i try to talk to people (except for my friends, which is only 3 people) nothing really comes out, i am so quiet! Hee Hee Hee!!

Love,
Cameron