Monday, April 21, 2008

Training Days

I'm really happy about the recent weather pattern. Thursday I put in 30 miles on the bike, another 30 on Friday and then Nick and I rode 40 miles on Saturday morning. The Saturday ride was up Lake Desolation Hill Rd. in Middle Grove which is a killer. The really unfortunate part is that Nick and I ride at about the same level. This means that neither of us give in and we just keep pushing the whole time. Near the end of the ride I think he one-upped me on a hillclimb and the 20 foot gap between us was my way of saying nice job...atleast that's what I tell myself.

Yesterday I rode the regular 16 mile loop around Ballston Lake just to spin the soreness out of the legs. With another nice day today I think I'm going to leave work around 3:00 pm and ride home to Charlton.

Buying gear is getting to be a little stressful. I want to make just one order but there is so much to think of that I'm sure something will be forgotten. I need to get everything shipped soon or else it won't ship in time. Hopefully I'll get this done soon and update the packing list when it's finalized.

In the future I'm going to edit the posts and add some links to places I'm going, gear I'm taking and other goodies.

No comments: