Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Soaking it Up!

As I write this I've just finished eating my first meal in a Cuban restaurant. Well, the first meal that I've recognized as being in a Cuban restaurant. The beer selection down here is not so great but the food is amazing. Shredded pork in a cumin spiced sauce, shredded beef and ground beef both in their own sauce/spice mixture, fried plantains that are carmalized on the outside with a sweet brown coating, black bean soup and two different dipping sauces for the bread and/or dinner. It was amazing. The grand finale is a cup of coffee (european style, basically espresso) and Tres Leche (thank you Alton Brown for teaching me about Tres Leche). I just took the first bite and it's heaven.

Last night, after checking in at the hotel, I asked the receptionist for the best seafood, Mexican, and Cuban restaurants in the area. I took her recommendation on the first two but the Cuban restaurant was changed for me on the recommendation of a Cuban woman at the Mel Fisher museum. I've not been disappointed by any of the three meals though.

Once again, I'm going to blog and run so that I can catch a Key West Sunset. Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time u want to take a country wide adventure were stickin u on the old faithful "pea-pecker" i mean "picker".ive done some work to her, looks good as new. needs a new slick though.hey at least its a 5 speed. suspension too ☻

Jen said...

Make those airline people pack you up in the luggage compartment if they have to! Can't wait to see you!